Thursday, February 12, 2009

Another week down

Since last post I have spent another $89.06 for a total OOP of $107.13. It is almost mid month so I feel good about that. What I got:
40 - 32oz powerade
10lbs deli ham
7 dozen eggs
4 loaves bread
6 - 24ct bottles aleve
40 boxes rice sides
8 pasta sides
9 pouches mashed potatoes
6 - 4pack yogurt
10 tubs buttery spread
1 gallon milk
10 boxes pop tarts
4lbs ground beef
4 bags cheese doodles



40 rice sides…I use 3 each time I make something with them. We have 3 kids…and they all have very big appetites especially for stuff like Spanish rice or chicken and rice or fried rice…or stuff like that. Very inexpensive and easy to throw together on a busy night. I make a rice dish at least 2 or 3 times a month so that is only 4 months worth. The butter tubs were very cheap on sale with coupons – my freezer is now stocked for a year on this. Eggs were $1.29 a dozen, I eat LC…and I have learned by experience that they are good for at least a month past the date on the carton. The deli ham was a great deal. Several weeks ago it was BOGO Albertsons but they were out so I got a raincheck. Last week it went on sale for $1.50 less per pound than it normally sells for. So I got 10 one lb packs and paid for 5 at the $1.50/lb sale price!! I vacuum sealed it and it is now in my freezer for lunch boxes! Same with the bread only I didn’t vacuum seal that!

No comments:

Post a Comment